Please note. Adverts
are generated outside 3HG
Sections - Cubs - Badgework
The highest award in Cubs is the Chief Scouts's Silver Award (left). To get this a Cub must complete
the Outdoor Challenge, a personal challenge and any other two Challenges. The
personal challenge involves: Planning and running an activity, with the help of their leader, and take part in a
hobby or interest and show improvement over an 8 week period.
- The Outdoor Challenge: This includes camping for at least two nights, learning a new skill, such as backwoods
cooking, and use it, and taking part in three new outdoor activities that they have not tried before.
- The Creative Challenge: This includes taking part in a performance, such as Top of The Flops, creating
two new games for the pack, designing and making something, like a bird house, and making a creative
presentation about one aspect of Cubs. This could be a video, poster or a collection of photos.
- The Fitness Challenge: This includes illustrating how you have improved in a sport over a period
of time, completing a full body overhaul ie, writing down what you eat, how much exercise you do, how
much sleep you get and watching how this improves their health. Cubs must also try two new sports.
- The Global Challenge: This includes finding out about recycling, looking at the work of
international charities, like OXFAM, finding out about traditions and culture from another country,
campaigning to get people to save energy and water. Find out about International Scouting, perhaps join
in a Jamboree or meet someone who went to one.
- The Caring Challenge: Plan a pack night about healthy eating. Organise a fund raising event for a charity.
Over a period of two months look after a pet, research worship in your local community, find out about
people who help the local community, ie, Police, Fire Fighters etc. Find out about hazards in the home
or on a campsite.
For more information please visit here.